Kids First 2019 Fall Public Webinar
Kids First will host a public webinar on September 26, 2019 at 12:00 pm-2:00 pm EST. This webinar will feature a presentation by a Kids First investigator, Dr. Sharon Diskin of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. In addition, the webinar will include information about the new features of the Gabriella Miller Kids First Data Resource Portal, and an update on the progress of the Kids First Program.
The tentative agenda is:
- 12: 00 pm- 12:05 pm: Introduction- NIH Kids First Staff
- 12:05 pm -12:35 pm: New Kids First Data Resource Portal Features - Kids First Data Resource Center
- 12:35 pm - 1:05 pm: Kids First X01 Neuroblastoma Project Findings– Sharon Diskin, PhD
- 1:05 pm – 1:20 pm: NIH Kids First Program Overview and Update - NIH Kids First staff
- 1:20 pm- 1:30 pm: Community Engagement for Kids First Research – NIH Kids First staff
- 1:30 pm – 1:45 pm: Questions and Answers Session
Researchers, patients, and foundation communities are invited to attend this open session. Please register in advance for the webinar. You will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to view the webinar. There will be an opportunity to ask questions during the webinar, and you can also submit questions prior to the webinar at KidsFirst@od.nih.gov.The full agenda for the webinar is attached.
Kids First at ASHG 2019 Annual Meeting
On October 15, 2019 at 6pm-9pm the NIH Common Fund’s Gabriella Miller Kids First Pediatric Research Program (Kids First) will host a poster session at the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) 2019 Annual Meeting in Houston, TX.
The theme of this Kids First poster session will be “Accelerating Pediatric Genomics Research through Collaboration.” Attendees will learn about Kids First childhood cancer and structural birth defects whole genome datasets, progress of Kids First X01 cohort projects, tools and functionalities of the Kids First Data Resource Portal, and collaborations that can amplify the impact of Kids First research efforts. For more details visit, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kids-first-poster-session-accelerating-pediatric-genomics-research-through-collaboration-tickets-65121015711.
This page last reviewed on September 3, 2019